Part-time Production Assistant
We are looking for a new team member to join us! If you are a multitasker, work well independently, enjoy lifting heavy things and working with the public, then working at Bottled Up may be the perfect position for you.
- Completing wine production activities, including but not limited to, checking fermentations, racking, stabilizing, transferring pails and carboys, wine filtering, cleaning and sterilizing equipment after use.
- Maintaining store cleanliness and tidy appearance, including but not limited to, vacuuming, mopping and waxing of floors, cleaning wine spills, and taking out the trash.
- Assisting with shipments – bringing the shipments into the store, accurately logging what was received and storing it away.
- Re-stocking of product and equipment to keep the shelves full and equipment and supplies ready for use.
- Assisting customers with heavy lifting, as required.
Opportunities for Growth into Customer Service
- Providing wine product and equipment knowledge to assist customers with in-store and at-home winemaking selections.
- Answering phone inquiries.
- Booking customer appointments.
- Assisting customers during their bottling appointments.
What we are looking for in the ideal candidate (must be 19 years of age or older):
- Able to lift heavy wine equipment and supplies – we do a lot of heavy lifting here!
- Eager for activity – it is common to spend an entire shift on your feet.
- A willingness to learn – our goal is to make the best possible wines for our customers.
- Self-motivated and able to problem solve with minimal or indirect supervision.
- Good time management – ability to multitask and juggle priorities to get the work done.
- Punctual – we make a commitment to our customers to be ready before they are when setting appointments!
- Attention to detail – to make great wine there are many steps to perform.
- Understanding the importance of a clean working environment – we are fussy about a high level of cleanliness.
- Ability to use a computer for wine management and basic office duties.
- A social, upbeat attitude when interacting with the public.
- Respecting our customers’ privacy to build trusting relationships.
- An interest in wine.
- Having fun while working hard!
What we offer
- A flexible work schedule starting with 12-18 hours a week
- Complete training in all wine production processes
- Product and sales training
- Growth opportunities in wine education
- Free access to wine magazines and books
- Branded attire (T-Shirts, Sweatshirts)
- Performance-based pay increases
- Discounts on all wine products